Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Administrator Builder Player|
|=CoffeeMUD Administrator Information=|
|Installation Help Development Modification Feature Requests Mud Grinder Wiki|
Help and Support
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Mud
- This is the introduction FAQ sent to all new members of the CoffeeMUD Yahoo Group upon joining.
- Installation Guide
- Archon's Guide
- Game Builders Guide
- Reference Guide
- Scripting Guide
- Random Areas Guide
- Mud Chat Guide
- Web Server Guide
- SMTP Server Guide
- MUDGrinder Guide
- Programmer's Guide
- You have to add js.jar and jzlib.jar to your build path. It is located at CoffeeMud Folder/lib/js.jar and Folder/lib/jzlib.jar.
- Set your JAVA_HOME variable to the location of your Sun Java JDK directory.
- CoffeeMud won't compile! I'm using OSX!
- sudo mkdir -p /opt/jdk15/
- sudo ln -s /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Commands/ /opt/jdk15/bin
- When prompted for your JAVA_HOME, respond with "/opt/jdk15"
How In The Heck?!
Articles for "When you're just trying to figure out what to do"
- How do I import CoffeeMUD into Eclipse?
- Download and extract CoffeeMUD somewhere.
- Open Eclipse and create a new project.
- Drag the folder com from the CoffeeMUD folder into the Eclipse project's icon in Eclipse. This will copy the source to your current workspace.
- Copy all of the other files and folders from the CoffeeMUD folder into the folder with your project in it
- How do I change the default prompt for new characters?
- Modify the defaultPrompt variable in com.planet_ink.coffee_mud.Common.interfaces.PlayerStats
- How do I change the default colour scheme?
- Search coffeemud.ini for COLORSCHEME.
- How do I make exits appear in one line instead of on multiple lines?
- Near the very bottom of com.planet_ink.coffee_mud.Commands.Look (line 139 in my version) change the line CMLib.commands().lookAtExits(mob.location(),mob); to CMLib.commands().lookAtExitsShort(mob.location(),mob); This will change the exits for when the players type 'look.'
- To change it for when the player types exits, simply change the line CMLib.commands().lookAtExits(mob.location(),mob); in com.planet_ink.coffee_mud.Commands.Exits to CMLib.commands().lookAtExitsShort(mob.location(),mob);
- Why is CoffeeMUD running so slowly?!
- More likely than not, this is because you are using fakedb instead of a real database such as MySQL. With a real database, one can read from the disk without using the CPU (or using the CPU to do other things) and searching the database will be quicker as well.
- So how do I switch CoffeeMUD from fakedb to another database, such as MySQL?
- It's easy! Thrinntu wrote a tutorial on switching to MySQL for the Yahoo support group ( https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/coffeemud/files/CoffeeMud%20Help/ ). With only minor modifications you can make it work with any OS. Remember to add the .jar files to your build path!
- How do I create more Archon Manuals?
- As your Archon character, type create manualarchon.
- Why does my semi-colon act like an enter key when I am building and entering parameters?
- Check if your client uses command stacking. If it does make sure the ; is not used as the command stack character.