|Administrator Builder Player|
|=CoffeeMUD Builder Information=|
|Basics||Praetor Player Support Commands Zapper Masks||Advanced||Races Classes Abilities Socials Scripting|
|Building||Behaviors Properties Areas Rooms Exits Items Mobs||Systems||Achievements Crafting Ships Planes of Existence Quests Triumphs|
|Armor Weapons Containers Mountables Readables Wands Staffs Instruments Consumables Resources Other Items|
Instruments are specifically referring to musical instruments. There are three categories of Instruments
- GenInstrument is for creating held instruments.
- GenPiano is for creating instruments that you sit at.
- GenMagicInstrument is for creating special magical effects whenever the common skill playinstruments is used on the instrument in question. This is very similar to how wands work.
- Name: This is the short name of the instrument. This is used whenever the instrument is targeted, or viewed in the EQUIPMENT command.
- Display: This is the long display of the name, which appears when the instrument is viewed as part of inventory or room view.
- Description: A long description displayed when the instrument is looked at.
- Level: Determines what level players may pick up and/or use the item as well.
- Material Type: This can be any material type. It does not support sub-types.
- Worn on: Which wear locations the instrument must be worn on to use.
- Rejuv/Pct: When in a room, this is the number of ticks before the item respawns after it has been removed from the room. In a mob's inventory, this is the percentage chance of it NOT appearing in the MOB's inventory upon mob spawning.
- Magical Ability: This is a bonus modifier that affects the materials hardness, damage and attack modifiers for weapons made from this material, and armor modifiers for armor made of this material. If this value is not 0, then the builder should also set the isMagical disposition (below), indicating the magical nature of this resource.
- Secret Identity: This field is primarily used in crafting. Leave blank for most GenInstruments.
- Item states: These toggleable parameters determine basic item parameters
- Is Gettable: True indicates the item may be picked up, False means it cannot be picked up (including by archons).
- Is Droppable: True indicates the item may be dropped or sold.
- Is Removable: True means the item may be removed from a wear location. GenResources are not generally worn, but this does affect the HELD location, and can be transferred to items crafted from this material. Remove Curse temporarily sets this to TRUE.
- Non-Locatable: True indicates the item cannot be found using abilities that would normally detect its presence.
- Blend Display: True indicates that the item's display is blended into the room description. FALSE is default, with the item being displayed in the section list with other items.
- Instrument Type: This field is used to determine one of the 17 Instrument Types listed below.
- Base Value: This is the base cost of the wand.
- Weight: This is the weight of the wand.
- Dispositions: This list of special modifiers determines the state of the resource.
- Is invisible: True indicates that the item is invisible (magically concealed).
- Is hidden: True indicates that the item is hidden (mundanely concealed).
- Is never seen: True indicates that the item is programmatically concealed and undetectable/unusable by players.
- Is magical: True indicates that the resource gives off a magical aura.
- Is glowing: Indicates that the item can be seen in the dark and is a heat source. Many materials will burn up after a time of glowing/burning.
- Is a light source: Indicates that the item provides enough light to light up a room.
- Is flying: Indicates that the item is not attached to the floor. A flying item will not fall or sink on its own.
- Is climbing: Indicates that the item is in transition of climbing (perhaps on the side of a tree or mountain?)
- Is sleeping: I have no idea how to tell if a resource is sleeping, or what this would imply.
- Is sitting: I have no idea how to tell if a resource is sitting, or what this would imply.
- Is sneaking: The item does not make an announcement when it enters a room.
- Is swimming: This disposition may be used to prevent an item from sinking.
- Evil aura: True indicates that the wand gives off an evil aura.
- Good aura: True indicates that the wand gives off a good aura.
- Is unattackable: True indicates the item is not susceptible to attack.
- Behaviors: This is a field of standard Behaviors.
- Effects: This is a field of standard properties/ability effects.
- MXP Image filename: This field is the file path to the MXP Image for this item.
There are a variety of types of instruments, which can have in-game effects for Minstrels who require a certain type to play particular songs.
|Instrument Family||Instrument Type||Wear Location||Example Instruments||Notes|
|Brass||Horns||Mouth & Held||French Horn, hunting Horn|
|Brass||Trombones||Mouth & Held||Trombone, Bass Trombone|
|Brass||Trumpets||Mouth & Held||Trumpet, Cornet|
|Brass||Tubas||Mouth & Held||Tuba, Sousaphone, Baritone|
|Keys||Pianos||Held & Wield (and often a GenPiano, below)||Piano, Clavicord|
|Keys||Organs||Held & Wield (and often a GenPiano, below)||Organ, Hydraulis|
|Percussion||Cymbals||Held & Wield||Chimes, Triangle, Cymbals|
|Percussion||Drums||Held & Wield||Drum, Bongo|
|Percussion||Woods||Held & Wield||Clapper, Castanets|
|Percussion||Xylophones||Held & Wield||Xylophone, Marimba|
|Strings||Guitars||Held & Wield||Guitar, Trumsheit|
|Strings||Harps||Held & Wield||Harp, Lyre|
|Strings||Violins||Held & Wield||Violin, Fiddle|
|Woodwinds||Clarinets||Mouth & Held||Clarinet, Kazoo|
|Woodwinds||Flutes||Mouth & Held||Fife, Flute, Flageolet|
|Woodwinds||Harmonicas||Mouth & Held||Harmonica|
|Woodwinds||Oboes||Mouth & Held||Oboe, Bassoon|
This is any instrument which must be seated at in order to use (instead of being worn to play). It has the same fields as a GenInstrument.
A GenMagicInstrument is the song-based wand equivalent. GenMagicInstruments may be used by any player with the Instruments ability or any ability from the Playing domain. This item has three more fields than a standard GenInstrument:
- Enchant Type: This should be left as ANY.
- Assigned Spell Name: This should be the song effect that playing the instrument provides to the musicians party.
- Maximum Uses: This is the maximum number of times the instrument may be played before it fades away. Use 2147483647 to provide effectively unlimited charges.