|Administrator Builder Player|
|=CoffeeMUD Player Information=|
|Basics||Info Commands Socials Combat Groups||Character||Stats Races Classes Abilities Expertises Achievements|
|World||Deities Areas Property Quests Clans||Items||Items Crafting Ships|
|Description:||Drow are the dark cousins to elves. Their existence living underground had radiated their bodies with dark magic and give them advantages in the cold, dark world. However, they hurt plenty when exposed to light. They have the ability to see in the dark, and can prove to be fiercesome fighters. All Drow start off with the ability to cast darkness and faerie fire.|
|Stat Adjustments:||intelligence+1, dexterity+3, constitution-4, charisma-3, save vs magic+30, max intelligence adj.+1, max dexterity adj.+3, max constitution adj.-4, max charisma adj.-3|
|Cultural Abilities:||Darkness Globe Faerie Fire|
|Racial Effects:||Taint of Evil Light Sensitivity|
|Bonus Languages:||Drowish Undercommon|
|Bonus Abilities:||darkvision, infravision|
|Immunities:||Poison Ivy, Syphilis|
|Life Expectancy:||430 years|
|Starting Equipment:||a delicate black shirt, a pair of sandals, some delicate leggings, a knitted weapon belt|
|Wear Locations:||head neck torso arms left wrist right wrist left finger right finger feet held wield hands floating nearby waist legs eyes ears body mouth back|
|Qualifying Classes:||Abjurer Alterer Apprentice Arcanist Artisan Assassin Barbarian Bard Beastmaster Burglar Charlatan Cleric Conjurer Delver Diviner Doomsayer Druid Enchanter Evoker Fighter Gaoler Illusionist Mage Mer Minstrel Missionary Monk Necromancer Pirate Dancer Ranger Sailor Shaman Templar Thief Transmuter Trapper Wizard|
|Start Area||Magthere Wa`q|
|Racial Cities||Drow City|
How to Play
Drow are available to play as a starting race. However, due to their Light Blindness, Drow often encounter many unique issues interfacing with surface dwellers. Drow have the Darkness Globe ability, which will allow them to create a sphere of darkness around them, that moves with them, but this often makes others unable to see. This can be a blessing and a curse for the Drow, since many quest-givers and shop keepers will have difficulty in interacting with the Drow. However, many monsters will likewise have difficulty interacting with the Drow, enabling the Drow to slip past some blinded guards, and be hit less often in combat.
When playing a Drow character, consider the limitations of your social interactions. Your questing options may be limited, as may your economic opportunities. Similarly, finding groups to join may be difficult, because your Darkness Globe will cause your non-darkvisioned allies to be blind.
Drow are restricted from the following classes:
- Jester (Bard), Healer (Cleric), Oracle (Cleric), Purist (Cleric), Gaian (Druid), Skywatcher (Druid), and Paladin (Fighter).
Other classes that may represent added challenges:
- The Alterer mage subclass is not recommended for adventuring Drow due to their dependence on Darkness Globe to adventure above the surface.
- The Diviner mage subclass will preclude a Drow from using their innate Faerie Fire ability. While this is not as inhibiting as an Alterer, it should be considered.
- Any Druid subclass or Neutral Cleric subclass will require additional alignment management due to the Drow's Taint of Evil affect.
- Any Druid subclass will be somewhat hampered by the Drow's low Constitution.
- Any Bard subclass will be somewhat hampered by the Drow's low Charisma.
- Unless you select a caster class, you may not have the ability to Revoke your Darkness Globe, requiring additional time to let it drop off if you need to interact with pathetic surface dwellers.