|Administrator Builder Player|
|=CoffeeMUD Player Information=|
|Basics||Info Commands Socials Combat Groups||Character||Stats Races Classes Abilities Expertises Achievements|
|World||Deities Areas Property Quests Clans||Items||Items Crafting Ships|
|Armors Weapons Containers Mountables Readables Wands Staffs Instruments Consumables Other Items|
This page is for listing all weapons in CoffeeMUD. A weapon is equipped in the WIELD position, and normally improves the amount of damage you do in combat.
- Weapons normally require only one hand to use, but larger weapons require two hands (your WIELD and HELD equipment positions). Some skills allow characters to also use additional weapons equipped in the HELD position (such as two-weapon fighting).
- If you lose a hand in combat (regardless of which one), you will lose your HELD wear location (or one HELD location, if you have more than 2 hands) and be unable to wield 2 handed weapons. If you lose all hands, you will be unable to WIELD any weapons.
- Weapons have varying weapon classifications (Weapon Types), and varying damage types.
|Weapon Type||Sample weapons||General Combat Notes||Notes|
|Axe||Hatchet, Axe, Woodcutter's Axe, Bipenis Axe, Battle Axe, Dwarven Axe||Basic Damage, Basic Attack|
||Club, Sai, Brass Knuckles, Cudgel, Sap, Staff
||Below Average Damage, Fair Attack||
||Sickle, Scissors, Dagger, Knife, Katar
||Weak Damage, Good Attack
||Includes all DAGGER type weapons|
|Flailed||Flail, Ball-and-Chain, Nun-chaku, Whip, Cat-o-Nine-Tails||Good Damage, Weak Attack|
|Hammer||Hammer, Maul, Mallet||Basic Damage, Basic Attack|
|Karate||Teeth, Fingernails, Tails, Knees, Elbows||Basic Damage, Basic Attack||Karate weapons are the built-in attacks that are provided by the race.|
|Polearm||Spear, Glaive, Halbard, Pike||Differs by weapon type, but often Very Good Damage and Weak Attack||These weapons often have a reach of 1, but sometimes also have a minimum range of 1.|
||Bow, Crossbow, Sling
||Ranged weapons often do Very Weak Damage and Basic Attack, with increased range
||These weapons require ammunition to use, and often have superior ranges. Some ranged weapons also have a minimum range.
|Sword||Long Sword, Short Sword, Gladius, Katana, Great Sword, Flamberge||Basic Damage, Basic Attack|
For damage and attack comparisions: Very Good > Good > Fair > Basic > Below Average > Weak > Very Weak
- Thrown weapons will be hurled at the enemy without advancing at them, if they are within range. After throwing the weapon, you will need to equip another weapon (especially if you wish to throw another weapon at your enemy).
- Ranged weapons are not expended when you attack an enemy, but often require ammunition. A ranged weapon will have an ammunition capacity, after which, it must be reloaded. It will attempt to automatically reload for the first available ammunition in your inventory.
- Crossbows require multiple rounds to load ammunition.
Also known as "Weapon Attack Types".
|Damage Type||Example Weapons||Notes|
|Natural||Claws, Teeth, Fingernails||Weapons that do natural damage *might* allow unarmed combat skills to function. Natural weapons are immune to Weapon Break.|
|Slashing||Swords, knives, Axes|
|Piercing||Darts, Arrows, Spears|
|Bashing||Fists, Clubs, Hammers, Staffs|
|Burning||Fire||Burning weapons tend to do more damage to cloth and leather armors.|
|Bursting||Magic, Explosions||This is the damage type for magic-based attacks and spells.|
|Shooting||Guns||This is the damage type for projectiles, such as bullets.|
|Gassing||Gas, Stinking Cloud|
|Striking||Electricity, Lightning Bolt|
Ranged weapons require ammunition in order to use the weapon. The ammunition must be LOADed into the weapon. And while it may be confusing, some weapons share the name with some ammunitions, but ammunitions normally come in a cluster, pack, or other unit of quantity. For example, a Javelin can be a thrown weapon, but a Pack of 5 Javelins are ammunition for an Atlatl. One cannot remove one of the ammunition Javelins and use it as a weapon...it is only an ammunition.
|Ammunition Type||Sample Weapons|
|Arrow||Bow, Long Bow, Short Bow|
|Bolt||Crossbow, Heavy Crossbow|
|Bullets||Slings, Staff Slings, Hopaks|
|Darts||Blowguns, Hand Crossbows|
|Javelins||Atlatl, Spear Launchers|
Adding Weapon Entries to the Wiki
There are several guidelines for placing items on the wiki:
- Omit any leading articles for describing the item, such as "A", "AN" or "THE". This will help facilitate searches so that not all items end up in the A or T indexes.
- Please do not list the MOB or ROOM where the item can be found. Listing the AREA is fine, so that players can explore areas for themselves to find the items.
- Similarly, for learning recipes, only provide the skill type and the resultant level.
- For all items that fit the weapon category, use the Weapon Template to create the item.
- There are instructions on how to use the template within the body of the template. Do not modify the template itself.
- Add this category to the bottom of the page, as well as an WEAPON(WeaponClassification), WEAPON(Level#) and WEAPON(DamageType) category for future categorization pages.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "ITEM(WEAPON)"
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total.
- Secateurs(The Crypt)
- Secondhand Sword(Sengalion)
- Sharp Fingernails(Coliseum of Midgaard)
- Short Bow(Tzbrakas Training Academy)
- Short Sword(Tzbrakas Training Academy)
- Silver Dagger(Graveyard)
- Simple Bow With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Dagger With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Flail With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Mace With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Staff With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Sword With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Simple Whip With Maple Leaf Sigil(Lily Pad Pond)
- Slender Boning Knife(Alkinhold)
- Spiked Brass Knuckles(Mahn-Tor)
- Steel Headed Lance(Tzbrakas Training Academy)
- Steel Sword(Tzbrakas Training Academy)
- Steel Tipped Glaive(Tzbrakas Training Academy)
- Sword of Bones(The Crypt)
- Sword of Hope(The Crypt)