Meeting on Sunday, November 13th, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Joe brought in a dead MSD single drive
- The drive seemed to be failing the boot test
- The voltages looked good
- Carlos suggested swapping the drive mech, which Bo said is nuts because "Drive mech control boards never fail."
- Carlos was right. We swapped with an Amiga mech, which fixed the boot problem.
- The Amiga mech could write small files, and read back its own, but not standard disks, or write long files. Fail.
- Jack and his son brought in 3 Amiga 2000 boards, an Amiga 3000 w/o PS, an A2000 PS, and numerous cables.
- None of the boards work. Getting one working will result in the club being able to keep one, I think?
- Bo showed a problem with the modem on his flat C128, where it would not permit CP/M to boot.
- Carlos set up a Raspberry PI running Amiga emulation, which gave us a chance to go through AmigaOS installation.
- We had trouble figuring out how to get files on the PI's hard drive into the Amiga environment for installation.
- Turns out the emulator supported seeing a PI folder AS a hard drive volume. <sigh>
- We also looked over several programs; Carlos is most interested in programming on it.