Meeting on Sunday, August 15th, 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Joe brought in a dead 1541 (upgraded 1540), which he said had started smoking
- We disassembled everything and decided it was the AC Main filter going bad
- The voltages looked good at that time, so we replaced the 6502 to get it working
- Joe brought in a brown 1541 that wouldn't read disks
- We gave it a really good head cleaning to get it to read the alignment disk
- Alignment tests were very strange -- it kept skipping to track 36. Something is wrong.
- Joe brought in an Enhancer 2000 (1541 compatible) disk drive
- It just needed a good head cleaning to be back in service.
- James brought in Chocolate Oreos, a good oscilloscope, and helped figure out the 1541s
- Carlos helped debug Bo's ethernet modem, which was blowing fuses on the C64.
- Turns out he had assembled it correctly, but had jumpered it wrong. :/
- Carl brought in THREE TERABYTES of Amiga software
- Bo will do his best to archive that stuff -- somehow.
- Carl also brought in a dead A1200, and found the schematics.
- Carlos borrowed Bo's power supply and volunteered to look into it.
- MT was a new member who brought profound curiousity.